From the moment you walk in the door, you can feel the welcoming
and inclusive atmosphere at Covenant United Methodist Church
(CUMC) Preschool. We believe every child is a person of worth and
created in the image of God. We encourage the development of the
whole child (emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual, and physical) with
our outstanding curriculum. We encourage your child to develop a
love of learning by developing a love of school.
Our teachers are degreed and our school is approved by the MSDE
(Maryland State Department of Education).
Email is the quickest way to reach us:
We believe an early childhood education is the right of every child.
Modest partial scholarships available to families in need.
|Covid-19 Protocols for Fall
|CUMC Preschool is a ministry of Covenant United Methodist Church
Approved by the Maryland Department of Education. We meet and exceed all state educational requirements.
20301 Pleasant Ridge Drive
Montgomery Village, Maryland 20886
E-mail: (best way to reach us) firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-discriminatory Policy: Covenant United Methodist Preschool admits children of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic
origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to the students. It does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions
policies, and other school administered programs.
Our plans for addressing COVID-19 this fall are based on current protocol recommendations, and will be adjusted as necessary. Our staff will be fully
vaccinated by Fall and the overall trend seems to be improving, so we are hopeful for a preschool experience for your children that feels largely normal.
(current for March 2021 and will be adjusted to regulations indicated in September 2021) will include:
- Daily health screening
- Masks required for all staff and students
- Distanced student seating for snack/lunch
- Frequent disinfection of high contact surfaces (bathrooms, classroom items/areas)
- Limited class size (current regulations specify maximum of 15 people per classroom: 13 children plus 2 staff members)
- Distanced drop-off and pick-up, no parents in building
- No mingling of classes (separate playground times, etc)
- No shared sensory materials (example: Play Doh)
- No outside visitors/programs
- Prompt communication to families regarding presence of COVID cases and exposure
- Collaboration with local health department regarding specified protocols given a positive case/exposure at school